1. Download and install the Fotozap Camera app from the Android app store.
2. Run the app and accept all of the app permissions
- take pictures and record video
- record audio
- access photo and media on your device
- access the device's location
3. Now plug in the USB OTG cable from your Canon or Nikon DSLR camera into the Android tablet.
Check here for compatible hardware.
You should then see the following dialog box (if you don't, then either your cable or your Android tablet might not be OTG compatible).
Check the box and then click OK:
4. Now click to choose the FotoZap app for use with the USB device:
5. Now the tablet is set up. Pressing the shutter button on the camera will make the image appear in the FotoZap Camera app on your tablet. You can then share the captured images.
Note: If you set the tablet to GIF mode, you can actually capture multiple images on the DSLR to build a GIF.
- If nothing happens when you connect the camera to the tablet when both are on, then either the tablet or the cable might not be OTG compliant. Check here for compatible hardware.
- If everything was working, and you lose connection: unplug the cable and plug it in again to refresh the connection. If that doesn't work, reboot the tablet and then plug the devices together.
- If your camera is set to a very high resolution, the tablet might not be able to pull in the image. If that happens and you see that error message on the screen, lower the resolution on the camera.